Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A good day.....

Today was a productive day, when it came to training. This morning Gary and I woke up and went to the gym to swim. I ended up swimming 1900 yards, while waiting on him to complete his 1500 yard workout. Then at lunch ran with some friends and ended up running 5 miles. After work, Gary and I met up with another friend and went on a 21 mile bike ride with some monster hills. The "Wall", so the locals call it, was not as bad as I thought. However, Jason (our friend) talked Gary into riding to his house and then he would drive us back home b/c it was getting late. Those last three hills in his subdivision were killer hills!!!! Killer hill #1 - had to weave back and forth 1st have of hill, then realized I wasn't going to make it....very-very hard to un-clip going up a freakin' big hill. I cannot believe I didn't fall!!! Killer hill #2 - not as bad as #1....nothing is bad as #1. Killer hill #3....looked at it then got off my bike to walk up the hill.

Great day!!! Tomorrow is strength training day, which I am kind of looking forward to now. Picture below is me at my very first triathlon. Sports Barn Sprint, which occurred in August - the hottest month in the south!!! Plus, I did the bike ride on my mountain bike. Soon after the tri I purchased my first road bike b/c I was tired of hearing "on your left". Oh and the sign was made by my sister before she went back home to Chicago....so my mom and aunt held it up and yelled ever time they saw me. Gotta love that kind of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment