Sunday, April 10, 2011

65 Roses Race Report




My friend Jane talked me into running the 65 Roses 5K race with her this weekend. The race was in Cleveland, TN - so I had to get up early and drive 45 minutes to get to the race site (Lee University). I arrived about 45 minutes before the start of the race because I wanted to give myself plenty of time since I was unfamiliar with the area. Packet pick-up was well set up - so I grabbed my stuff and headed back to the car to get set up. I told Jane I would meet her at the start line, which I had no idea were it was....Luckily a huge crowd started morning in one direction, so I followed.

Once I reached the starting line I did not see Jane anywhere!! It was so hot and humid, I did not want to run at all!!! A day before the race I was hoping to run the 5K in under 28. However, once I awoke and went outside I realized that I was not going to meet that goal. I ended up running the race in 29.12, which is not bad because I have not run in these conditions since summer of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment