Saturday, April 2, 2011

53 Miler Complete

Well - it was super windy today, felt like there was 20+mph wind gusts. We started out meeting some friends up at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, TN around 1pm. Due to time constrants we only rode 23 miles with them (their daughter had her first softball game at 4pm). The wind on this route was crazy!! The route is wide open, so we had nothing to block all the wind gusts. It was really hard to get into the areo position for me because I have never rode in this type of weather condition. After our friends headed out Gary and I had a decision to make (1) do another out and back in Jasper or (2) head to Chickamauga Battlefield Park to ride.

Gary and ended up going to the park and I am very glad we did. I think the trees blocked a lot of the wind, which was a relief. We started at the visitor's center and ended up in a rural area in Rock Springs and then headed back to the visitor's center. (Only chased by 1 dog!!) We finally finished our last 30 miles for the day :)

Afterwards, Gary said he was pretty sore - I told him that I was ready to run if he wanted to go ahead and get that in. The look he gave me made me realize that it would be best if I kept my mouth shut. 53 miles - 3hrs 36 min - @ 15mph pace....pretty happy about this due to the wind gusts that seem to always be in our face!

Up next.....9 miler before church tomorrow. Now....time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment