Sunday, February 8, 2009

It Started Before Sunrise....

Saturday morning I was suppose to go to a Women's Ministry Brunch, however my plans changed. This past week I've just been plain mean and evil to Gary. I don't know if has been due to lack of sleep because of getting in bed late, or lack of sleep because Reagan has been sick again. (Stupid rock eating dog!) So, instead of going about pretending that all is well in the "Petty" world, I decided it would be best if me and my faithful companion (Reagan) to go out for an early morning run.

Reagan and I headed to the park before 7am, so when we got there it was still dark but the sun was just about to rise. We started down on one of our normal roads and during this time I spent it in prayer and voicing my problems to God. During the first mile we had trees on each side of us, but then when we came upon an open field on our right it was truly amazing. I say this because the sun was shining bright over the tall trees to my left and was highlighting the hill of the field. It seemed like God was just letting me know that He has always and will always be there. After reflecting on everything He has done in my life and again letting Him know how much I am struggling with anger towards others and taking it out on Gary - by the end I said that it was all in His hands and I cannot change or do anything without Him.

Needless to say after my early morning run, I felt a lot better about things. Which is good because by that afternoon drama crept back into my life......

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth,

    I found your blog through Betty's blog...I love to pray while I run because it is one of the only times where I have no distractions. So often I'll end my run feeling full of joy and peace but as the day continues that joy and peace seems to be snuffed out. But like you said, it is all in God's hands and I have no strength that is not His strength.

    ReplyDelete