Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back to School, Are You Serious??

The department I am currently working in is looking for two more employees. Today my department, as a whole, got together to go over all the resumes and I noticed that a lot of candidates had or were in process of receiving a master's degree. Actually, the job description stated master's degree preferred.......AHHHHHHHH!! I graduated back in August 2006, so I guess 2.5 years is a pretty good break. (or at least enough time for me to forget about all my negative feelings toward school)

A couple of months ago I started talking to Gary about going back to school and he said that he would prefer that I did not go back. --Only because he doesn't want me to work for the rest of my life. (I do not agree with this, because what would happen if he left this earth before me or he lost his job??) However, after I expressed my concerns about my departments job posting preferring a master's degree tonight, he finally gave me his blessing to go back to school. We talked about it for awhile because I was looking to just get a general MBA, but he stated that it would be a lot better if I got my Master's in Accountancy instead. He said that being more specialized would be a greater advantage in the workplace. Plus, I would then be eligible to sit for the CPA exam. So, tomorrow I will probably get a GMAT study guide and start studying to take this test to see if I can actually get in grad school.

OMG!!! I cannot believe I'm talking about going back to school, but it should take me less than two years (by my calculations I will only need 10 classes)......If I actually get accepted into the program, I must maintain a 3.0 and any class that I receive less than "B" I will have to repeat. OHHH - I hope I don't end up in the loony bin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment